Thursday 11 April 2024

Preparations 1

 Freuchie    Thursday April 11th


I would love to say that my preparations have gone well but they have not. I came back from Madeira with  a horrible cough that just refuses to go away so no training rides. The doctor told me that it is viral so no antibiotics were forthcoming. My achilles injury which has kept me from running ( and walking ) has certainly improved but remains largely untested.

My trusty steed which has not seen the light of day since returning from Budapest has been cleaned, lubed and treated to a new rear derailleur and new chain. Unfortunately the bike mechanic (myself) was fairly inept and so on Tuesday I took my bike to Leslie Bike Shop to have the job done properly and my back wheel trued up. Whilst there I got a bike box. I got the bike back this afternoon and began to dismantle the bike ready for wrapping in pipe lagging and bubble wrap.






Not to be left out, my glamorous assistant showed me how to tape the box CLOSED. 

I am not sure how I will open it at Seville airport because the knife is inside the box. I will just have to hope for a friendly Spanish security guard.

8 comments:

  1. Fingers crossed your only bull run is on your shares and not when you are passing through Pamplona. Have fun. You can do it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The running of the bulls is July 7th -14th. I did check. It is NOT on the bucket list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Louise McTaggart13 April 2024 at 09:06

    Best of luck and enjoy the ride! We'll be keeping up with your adventures on here. See you on the other side 🇨🇵

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank goodness you have such a glamorous assistant
    Bonne courage x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tank/Duct tape - the "universal repair kit" - I hope you have some packed in your saddle bag!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it! Happy adventures 🤞👏👏

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wishing you all the very best Brian from Jaci and Neil xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Buena suerte, mi amigo. Te deseo exito. Message from me and Miguel Indurain. Awrabest.

    ReplyDelete

Raissac D'Aude at last!

 Monday April 29th Yesterday at 13.10 I finally cycled past the Mairie, past le parc, past la croix along rue du tilleul to la maison du mur...